The Ridges Sanctuary is seeking a photographer to document special events and to produce images for the promotion of the Sanctuary. The internship offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced professional environment and to understand the marketing and archival uses of photographic images. Duties will include documenting special events, organizing stock photos, special photo assignments and nature photography. Interns will gain experience in understanding the photography needs of an organization, marketing and the process of selecting photographs for use in print/digital marketing material. The Photojournalism Intern interfaces on a professional level with all departments, the public, and members.
Knowledge and Skills
Candidates should possess a strong background in digital photography and should be comfortable shooting live action in low, in/outdoor, and varying light situations. Additionally, candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, be detail-oriented, organized and effective time managers.
- Photograph special events, donor events, talks, performances, and more.
- Assist with cataloging, organizing, tracking photo submissions and photo assignments.
- Produce prints and photo CDs for marketing and other departments in a timely manner.
- Develop a professional photography portfolio
- Gain knowledge and professional experience in photojournalism
Events in 2013
- May 23 – 25 Door County Festival of Nature
- Saturday, June 15 Ride for Nature/Door County Beer Fest
- Saturday, Aug 3 Ridges Special Event. Details TBD.
- Saturday, Sept 28 A Round for The Ridges Golf Fundraiser
- Saturday, Dec 7 Natural Christmas
Founded in 1937, The Ridges Sanctuary is Wisconsin’s first land trust and protects the most biologically diverse ecosystem in the state. Named for our geological formations, the Sanctuary is made up of thirty ridges and swales. Like the annual rings of a tree trunk, each ridge and swale tells a story, preserving a record of our shoreline’s post-glacial past. Because of the unique flora and fauna which thrive here, we have been designated as a National Natural Landmark, an Important Bird Area and a Wisconsin Wetland Gem.
The intern will document the events at The Ridges Sanctuary. The purpose of the internship is to provide The Ridges with marketing material that will be used in print and digital publications.
At the conclusion of the internship the student will have a portfolio that they can present to potential employers. Throughout the year the intern will attend special events. The students photos will be published in
For more information or to apply for this position, contact The Ridges at info@RidgesSanctuary.org or 920-839-2802.