- This event has passed.
Story Hour + Kids Yoga!
January 12 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Saturday, repeating until February 23, 2019
Experience children’s literature that highlights compassion while incorporating movement and mindfulness. Story Hour will begin at 11:00 with a children’s story and corresponding movement activity. An open-ended art opportunity will be available following the story hour.
Location: Cook-Albert Fuller Nature Center
• Jan 12 – I am Yoga by Susan Verde, Simple yoga poses and breathing strategies for relaxation will be introduced.
• Jan 19 – Moon Game by Frank Asch, Moon Salutation-Children will learn a simple yoga “flow” to celebrate our full moon.
• Jan 26 – When Winter Comes by Nancy Van Laan Back Drawing-Using the back like a piece of paper, children will use their fingers to draw the story on a friend’s back.
• Feb 2 – Mia’s Mountain Hike by Giselle Shardlow Yoga “Hike”- Children will re-enact Mia’s Mountain Hike as they learn new yoga poses.
• Feb 9 – The Hugging Tree by Jill Neimark Back Drawing- Using the back like a piece of paper, children will use their fingers to draw the story on a friend’s back.
• Feb 16 – Yoga Bunny by Brian Russo Yoga “Solutions”- Children will re-enact the story, using simple yoga poses to help Yoga Bunny’s friends learn how to slow down
• Feb 23 – Yoga Friends by Mariam Gates Partner Yoga-Children will learn partner yoga poses they can
enjoy with a friend or parent.