Kids Story Hour
February 22 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Saturday, repeating until February 29, 2020
Come join us for Story Hour and hot chocolate. You will hear a Ridges staff member read a book about animals and plants that live at The Ridges and make something special to take home.
• JANUARY 11 – Big Bear Hug by Nicholas Oldland
Paint with nature paintbrushes made from cedar and sticks.
• JANUARY 18 – Stranger in the Woods by Carl Sams
Make pinecone bird feeders with peanut butter and birdseed (or nut butter) Bring them home or decorate our trees.
• JANUARY 25 – Best in Snow by April Sayre
Paint with colored ice.
• FEBRUARY 1 – Groundhog Gets A Say by Pamela Swallow
Make your own groundhog snack complete with shadow.
• FEBRUARY 8 – No Story Hour
• FEBRUARY 15 – When the Moon Comes by Paul Harbridge
Use Oreo cookies to represent the phases of the moon.
• FEBRUARY 22 – The Mitten by Jan Brett
Create fabric mittens.
• FEBRUARY 29 – Whoo Goes There? by Jennifer Ericsson
Dissect owl pellets and see what they contain.