Welcome to the Cook-Albert Fuller Center!
We’re delighted to announce that, after years of discussion, planning and fundraising, the Cook-Albert Fuller Nature Center opened to the public on Saturday, June 13!
How does that change what you’ll find when you visit The Ridges? We believe you’ll experience the best of the old with a touch of the new. You’ll still see all the familiar things that have made this place special for almost 78 years – extraordinary forests and wetlands, miles of scenic trails lined with rare wildflowers and nature programs for all ages. You’ll still be greeted by friendly volunteers, guided
by naturalists and instructed by specialists on birding, botany, geology and more. We’ve added a few things that we believe will enhance your experience, so here’s what you need to know:
- We’re easier to find! Our new Nature Center is located at 8166 State Highway 57 at the north end of downtown Baileys Harbor.
- Both the Center and our Nature Store are open daily, 9 AM – 5 PM.
- Our business office is also housed at the Center and is open Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM
- Guided Sanctuary hikes now begin at the new Hidden Brook trailhead (soon to be the handicapped accessible boardwalk) located on the northeast side of the Center. Sign up at the front desk!
- A $5 Day Pass includes access to Hidden Brook, the Sanctuary, the Family Discovery Trail and Logan Creek. Members and children under 18 hike free.
Thank you for your support! We look forward to seeing you this season — and all year-round!